Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ran 'dem Rhymes vol.#1

By Ruhudeen Ali AKA "LOstRyDer"

Though they may look at you and scowl/
make you feel sour, feelin like you fouled/
my friend, don't throw in the towel/
the night angels prowl around for worshippers in the late hours/
if we can persevere than the victory is ours/
against the devil and his dominions who knocked down the towers/
"God is Great," we should proclaim it louder/
instead of the sound of dreaded bombs and gun powder/
news with Matt Lauer, skewed to retain power/
cuz media keeps the lid on for feds' elected cowards/
government cowers against the will of the people that is ours/
thinkin these stinkin politicians need to take a shower/
and any MCs who step to this I surely devour/

feelin righteous but alone/ still you're going strong/
others look to you as an example to continue struggling on/
but you're only human, devil's got you consumin/
poison for your soul producing venomous albumin/
hatred is spewing from the mouths of those that are lootin/
strangers be hootin trying to knock boots n' leave you/ they tried to deceive you/
nine months later people notice like when your mom conceived you/
that is, your illegitimate child/ thinkin they sweat your style/ runnin' buck wild/
but all the while you were actually beguiled/
women's rights cases being filed/ while pimps are being hired/
the good getting fired, on the streets getting wired/
feeling really tired/ from all that's transpired but for love
its enough to get you out the mire, even with a flat tire/

faith is still fledgling, the fear of God keeps you trembling/
sins got you stumbling but the devil you keep rumbling/
fumbling in the dark/ you're on the right path cuz you got a good heart/
so many been lost from the start/ Lostryder makes this an art/
in a commercial industry that is otherwise known as a farce/
by which I mean rapping/ my shoulders they keep on tapping/
for me to bail 'em out from the industry's trappings/
but I'm not Uncle Sam, I don't save with checks/
my own life's in a jam and the future's paved in debt/
avoiding to frown and fret trying to keep my head set/
not the one that comes with your mobile phone/
in life you gotta roam til you find a niche of your own/
a place where you can reign from a throne/
then when you're Capone don't forgot those below/
deliver on your promise to throw a dog a bone/
knowledge is being thrown and no skills are being honed/
cash is being blown to pacify children turning into drones/
seeking to be known/ let them laugh
but my epitaph describes a legacy on my tombstone/
searching for my home but all its elements are gone/
these are just some crazy words in my head/
want you all to hear 'em before I fall 'n drop dead/
death is something that I no longer dread/
would rather leave something of value in this world than a corpse in its stead.

1 comment:

Ruhudeen Ali said...

Thank you :) the people that I know sometimes inspire me to write something about them, and often I just use fictional characters to illustrate a point.

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.