Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ran'dem Rhymes vol.#6 - "Spiritual Spit"

By Ruhudeen Ali

Got Paradise on my wishlist
but I'm restless cuz I got a deathwish
and I'm deficient in my faith's practice
cuz I'm missing items on the *deen's checklist
life got me shook, its hard to live by the Book
when life throws you a hard left hook to the chin
yea I still sin but I'm trying to stay on the Right Path
and make amends cuz if I do the math,
I should be feelin God's wrath
but alhamdulillah instead I'm enjoying this bubble bath
and I'm chill soakin up some lyrics that are ill
and I drilled it into my heart
that God is not apart from the world He done start
Lord, in the script of life give me a righteous part
I need to get on my sajadat salah
so I can say thank you Allah!

So here's a recap starting from the first Act
Adam and Huwwa began the story in the Garden
only so that Allah could show He likes to pardon
Nuh, Ibrahim & Lut each had a dream
that all their descendants would remain pure and clean
So with God Ishaaq and Ishma'eel made a deal
that their children would be holy and wouldn't steal
Dawood, Zakariya & Sulayman and the prophets of ahl al Yakub
were sent to warn and guide the Yahud
Yunus & Yusuf were trapped in strange prisons
so that they'd show their gratitude and receive a better vision
Ayyub was patient when tested with affliction
so that he can utter God's holy benediction
Idriss, Hud, Shu'ayb & Saleh didn't ask for any pay
all they asked was for their people to pray
Ilyas, Yahya & Ilyasa were all among the righteous
and confronted the daunting odds despite this
Harun and his brother lead the Jews away from the army of Fir'aun
their end was in the Red Sea where they, save the righteous, all drowned
Luqman taught his son wisdom and Musa learned it from Khidr
both of them tried to get us to see the bigger picture
Isa performed miracles and spoke to man as a babe
but unfortunately his people committed a sin that was grave
and finally, Muhammad was sent as the last of the prophets
only to remind us all that the next life contains all the profit
and I say to all the righteous prophets, 'alayhum as-salatu was-salaam
and that's how it goes down mon.

So this is the script of a reminder to us all
that the Scripture's got a cure for our gall
so don't give up, throw in the towel and fall
God wants us to be strong and stand tall
we must break through adversity's wall
repentance is a moment away,
but so too is death so don't stall
just a reminder that you can't buy peace at the mall
and with that said I wish peace upon you all!

*deen = religion

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.