Saturday, April 24, 2010

Waiting For When

By Ruhudeen Ali
April 9th, 2010

I am wondering when
I can search the world
and nearly drown to find a pearl.
When I can scale a mountain of effort
to escape from this lonely desert.
When I can swim in a sea of feelings
no longer staring up alone at this ceiling.

I am waiting for when
I can have more reason to care for this shell
to affirm the existence of heaven, after hell.
When in vain I will attempt to measure
the richness contained within the hidden treasure.
 When I can be a detective in your search
madly turning over each rock on this Earth.

I'm wondering when
I can forsake these lonely nights' twilight
to have someone else be my guiding light.
When I will thirst without the heat of the sun
that we may drink from the same cup as one.
When in hunger I will starve
for that celebrated cake, that together we will carve.

Waiting for when
I can share my everything
with the one who needs my nothing.
When I will fight 'til my last ounce of strength
for the name of the one who'll remain on my breath.
When I will shed tears and cry
with the one who is, for me, willing to sacrifice and die.

Waiting for when 
I will protect the honor
of the one who will defend mine when I'm a goner.
 When I can have peace of mind
knowing there is someone who is happy to be mine.
When I will walk with a sense of pride
that someone great wishes to be my bride.


Said I'm wondering when
I will have someone with whom I can confide
feeling mutually complete inside.
 When I can pop the question
after all these fruitless sessions.
When I will seek the answer
to find my life's enhancer.

So I await
When I can leave this desolation. 
When I can experience worldly perfection.
When I can stop begging the question

Will I ever

...find true love?

11 comments:

bzb said...

very soon!!!





inshallah

Ruhudeen Ali said...

Insha'Allah

Ruhudeen Ali said...

Excuse my rude manners, thank you bzb! :)

Anonymous said...

Ap ke mooooo se Insha'Allah pehle nikla hai ..... ap ka dil kitna pak hai isse patta chata hai ...:D

Anonymous said...

Mr.

Ms. said...

sabar ka phaal BOHAT meetha hota hai Mr.

Ruhudeen Ali said...

iss dil ko lota ke saat istanja karwana chahiye lol jk. Sorry for the imagery!

Ms. said...

kya kerwana chahiye????

Ms. said...

LOL literally,
hahahahahahah..., our ap kehte hai ap ki urdu buri hai ......

Anonymous said...

Hey you're alive. Hope to talk to you soon.

Ms.N said...

never mind don't answer that PLEASE.... YAARRRR hahahahaahaha.... WOW.... Fail!!!! now I can't stop laughing.......

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.