Monday, December 27, 2010

Artistry's Disparity

Artistry's Disparity
By Ruhudeen Ali
December 26th, 2010

My work magnifies me
His work obscures Him

Yet my work reveals flaws that trace back to me
While His work displays the perfection of divinity

Marveling at my artwork, some will praise me
Marveling at His artwork, the fools only praise the artistry

What my hands craft reminds them of me
What His Hands craft they will fancy as deities!

The fault is not in the admirer nor lies in the maker
for the artistry's disparity is that much greater!

So petty am I that my hand must aggrandize me
So great is He that His Hand screens His majesty

What pleasure is there in magnifying the scanty?
What splendor therein by veiling the magnificent!

His work is not mine, but my work is His
Whatever the artist renders - His signature lies in this

My fame is nothing, be it before the cameras
His fame is far-reaching even behind the curtain

He is the true Artist that taught us all the trade
In truth, the work and fame is His all the same

His Name be praised!  الله سبحانه وتعالى‎

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice !!My work magnifies me
His work obscures Him!!! NICE!!!

Ruhudeen Ali said...

Nothing He creates can magnify Him beyond what He already is because He is the most tremendous, so it can only obscure His grandeur (from creation's viewpoint and not His own.) He cannot be increased or decreased by what He creates because He is already the Ultimate. We on the other-hand, can only be increased or decreased by what we work in this world because we are not perfect,and the rest of the poem explains why my work magnifies me because I am so insignificant in comparison to it and to God's work while God's creations are insignificant compared to Himself. That is the meaning, thank you for the comment :)

Anonymous said...

:) That is so true!!

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.