Monday, April 4, 2011

Road of Truth

Road of Truth
By Ruhudeen Ali
April 4th, 2011


Your truth is the road you know
even though the signs have lied to you

You've traveled it so many times
and those who don't know write the signs

Don't waste your attention on their attempts to explain
the bumps and cracks you feel as your pain

In vain they will predict your track
but your feet are what truly define the course, in fact

Signs only give solace to those who have never ventured
beyond their comfort and gone to the barren desert

It is easier to look outward at the beauty
than it is to look inward at the ugly

So travel your road of truth
your emotions as your forecast

Storms, precipitations, gusts and snow
all places that the mind already knows

Perhaps cloudy skies, sunshine and chirping birds
perhaps unfulfilled desires and false words

Melancholy, tears, frustrations, and apathy
this trek was not meant to be accompanied

But don't take me as your guide
discover your own way, so I will not have lied

For our atlas is the mapping of our experience
we keep on walking regardless, with perseverance

So I walk my road of truth alone
and where I collapse is my home.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice :) A little confusing but I guess that's only me!!!!

Ruhudeen Ali said...

Thank you. It's a poem about one's own experience of things in life and how not to blindly follow other peoples' opinions on the matter. It's also about my own personal journey into some of those experiences. And no I would agree, it can sound confusing at times but some poems can be taken as you see it :)

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.