Friday, October 12, 2012

Ran'dem Rhymes vol.#15

By Ruhudeen Ali
October 12th, 2012

Can I get a few scraps from the landfill of love
or is it overrated, just an ant-hill lookin' down from above?
Piles of discarded emotions start to reek
with no where to go so we go out to seek
more food of love til we become fools of love
and those who get none increase their love of food
chasing after moods writing poems about the moon
but it's all for naught, that's some food for thought
thought is my food I get fat on what was taught
I learned that what you dream of, some people toss away
everyday, somebody gets what you could only wish for
and you'd never imagine they'd be this bored
meanwhile you sit on top of things others wish they had
but you just shit on it, like a toilet
boil it, heat it up and eat it
with barely any words of gratitude to speak of it
the things you take for granted someone out there needs it
like the needs you have someone else done discard it

"Life is a plate man, gotta eat what you can
then trash the leftovers," nobody gives a crap
about the scraps you coulda had off their plate
"go out there man and satiate!"
is the message of my culture
but forget being a lion I can't even survive as a vulture
a scavenger of love who gets none
and forget physical, I'm talking emotional and spiritual
I'm hustling out here stuck in my rituals
sort of similar to biblical but its quranic
fixing people's love while being lonely, isn't it ironic?
And sorry Alanis, I never bought your cassette
cuz I was focused on singing about the opposite
in other words, serendipity
but instead of good luck I got the other end that of pity
malware corrupted up my system
saying prayers to try to fix 'em
fearing the blue screen of death
but the brother of the screen got me fallin' asleep in heedlessness
I wanted to make a change to impact it all
but my plan was apparently too impractical

I need guidance so I can gal-dance
with the woman I love
nowadays that's why I'm either lookin' down or up above
cuz I need some love from the Creator who is like none of the above
yea I got up from the shove the world had thrown me
now I'm just tryna do me and grow me
but mostly alone cuz I'm runnin' out of homies
I'm not tryna say they're phoney cuz I love 'em
but they barely have the time to telephone me
plus some of them are in different GMTs & zoneys
every now & then askin' if I'm talking to some sonis
but my response is usually the same baloney so I'm left alone G
thinkin something's fishy like he's not wearin cologne G
sorry I gotta say this but to all the haters you can blow me
erect a plan like Zhuge Liang's Longzhong, that's what she said
create something amazing and leave behind a legacy
something to be proud of after the death of me
I thought this day I'd never see, the future I can't foresee

I'm not one to prophesy but just wanna profit-see
materially and spiritually, so I can get with the program
and be the man with my ma'am on instagram
settle down and start an instafam
but i'm trying to slow it down 
reverse a frown & quit bein' a clown
cuz you gotta learn the patience of Ya'qub
if you wanna be that dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.