Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Thoughts on the M.E Conflict, War & Peace

I truly hope that I see real, sincere, and lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians before I die. This is a global human tragedy that is solvable. I refuse to accept otherwise. My mother taught me that there is no problem in the world that cannot be solved except death. I believe that all the worlds' brilliant influential minds, beloved and charismatic personalities, powerful and affluent, and tolerant, open hearts can help achieve an agreeable settlement, overcome hatred, ignorance and politics. Sometimes the power of forgiveness, common good-will, acceptance and change is a stronger force than the threat of nuclear weapons, power struggles, persuasions of money, zealous religious beliefs, nationalism/racism etc. We've seen it before in our human history. The human family cannot allow this travesty to continue for decades more to come. This conflict is at the root of global antisemitism (yes, of both Jews & Arabs) and its resultant spillage of extremism, racism, and ethnophobia of other forms, the war on terror and other terrorist movements since the 20th century. War is not good business. Money is not the holy grail of life. Respect is not just achieved through fear and deterrence. Might is not always right. Power and control is not a sign of divine sanction. Religious faith does not equate with moral superiority and belief does not guarantee one is categorically correct. The freedom, peace, and dignity of ALL humans matters and affects us all. Enough is enough. It's time for a change- indeed it has been long since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.