Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Madness, In Our Name

By Ruhudeen Ali
February 6th, 2013

No need to explain, forget the blame 
just watch the game, be entertained
yea, it's a shame
when there's madness done in our name

So sad to see the suffering of the weak
but it will all be forgotten by next week
'Once I have this, my life will be complete
next month perhaps, I'll repeat'

'I can hardly think with these parties and drinks
its too much to connect the dots and links
besides, why dwell over what stinks
and try to solve the riddle of the Sphinx?'

'I have people to meet
relationships to cheat
cuisines to eat 
and my own foes to defeat'

'I know those higher ups are involved
but I have my own problems to solve
somehow it'll all be resolved
Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta get to the mall'

TV shows, movies, games and fashion
dedicate yourself to some obsession
change the channel on the tension
forget even the mention, get back to your passions

In a world where what's practiced and preached
are conveniently breached
the truth we seek's discovery
is up to each

The price we pay to remain persons lay
is freedom's voice that once held sway
in the face of tyranny's stay
we paint our faces grey

There are those we hurt and injure
with the signing of our leader's signature
can we remain immature
when there's responsibility to explore?

'So to all those who face our uniform
get used to this new norm
you were warned by the labels from the shrapnel on our bombs
and we still apologized to your moms'

'Now can we just get back to the way things were?
When I didn't have a conscience that would stir
and now that condolences have been offered
can I get back to my intoxicants and lovers?' 

'Your life or my life, that's what its about-
he who has the upper-hand in this bout
if the tables were reversed, I'd be the one to shout
but you coming to my aid as I helped you? I doubt'

So indeed why complain? Things will change
give it time, just watch the game
be entertained, yea its a damn shame
when madness is done in our name.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.