Friday, May 17, 2013

"Muzzies"

"Muzzies"
by Ruhudeen Ali
May 17th, 2013


I see you and smile, with a beard on my face
you think I beguile searching me for a menacing trace
You see, we have to represent positively for our people
though in a negative light, you see us all as equals

As terrorists and fundamentalists- that's all the picture you see
its not hard to see why you're not friendly with me
but bro I don't know a single violent Muslim
I could care less about fighting the "infidel," let alone kill him

Don't get it twisted, terrorists are wicked
and I stand against them, in spite of who is depicted
on the media and TV, they got the wrong profile
probing our community, I think they should search a new locale

You see it ain't us that's starting wars
or using suicide vests nor planting bombs in cars
think of who it benefits and follow the trail
open your eyes and see the devil's lair

No Muslim with faith could ever do these crimes
cuz this is not jihad- nor sanctioned by Allah - The Sublime
some evil people are in this world with an agenda
claiming they want peace but behind the screen they're just pretenders

Allah the Most High says "Make not mischief on the Earth"
but they don't realize they're the ones spreading the hurt
to them its all about making money no matter the cost
even if it means killing other people, with their souls lost

And guess who's the number one victim?
Muslims- that's who. But how come they don't depict 'em?
"hey gotta catch that boogey man in the sleeper cell
and while we're at it might as well make some contract sales"

So before you judge our community as untrustworthy 
learn about the life of Muhammad - the praise-worthy
he taught that if a Muslim left his neighbor hungry
while he got his own fill, he was not a member of this community

Islam shows us the importance of humanity
so please distance us from this insanity
I do not need to defend my religion
cuz those with open minds will see its peaceful vision

To those who hate us, we pray for you
hoping God cleanses your hearts anew
cuz you see we're all sisters & brothers
struggling together as a single human body
with time you'll realize there is no "other."






No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.