Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ran'dem Rhymes vol.7 - "The Prayer"

By Ruhudeen Ali

Busy life without a wife, I'm lookin bummy
everyone's hungry I hear the growls from their tummies
they say "can we get some food please?"
cooking is my duty so its time to feed
off to the kitchen is where I proceed
lookin for something yummy to cook up
sometimes I feel like a fish waiting to get hooked up
and even took up to heaven, I look up to heaven,
is there a nook for me brethren?
speakin to those who went on ahead
leaving us behind the times lookin dread
got people passing by graves wishin they were dead
soul-less life without excitement or purpose
wondering, "did I deserve this?"
or is it meant to be a life full of service?
feeling akin with the dervish
whirling in circles without feeling nauseous
not feelin nervous but anxious for a skirmish
or anything to make me feel really alive again
what will it take to make me thrive again?

I jive and then I'm back to the routine
its so everyday got me feelin numb
like I was high off of morphine
wish I was seein more dreams
but I stopped aspiring for these
cuz I'm not exposed to the right themes
I walk into the mosque and see the light gleams
wishing that ray of hope was sent for a brother like me
I fix my eyes on the word of God
and wonder if I lost His favor dwelling on the burn of God
Not sure cuz I'm not always down for a savior
though I know in the end its only God who can save ya
society tax me for trees, I'm feelin lax in my deeds
is there anything out there that can save me please?
I'm on my knees but not always crying
though the tears don't always fall a dead heart's always tryin
the ultimate question is "will I escape the fryin?"
but at the moment need to focus
on this very life where my existence is lying
its tough pretending to be a lion when you're not equipped
from every angle I'm feelin whipped, can't blame my friends who trip
envision myself close to the dip, suddenly the tears start to drip
I catch a grip and some words come to my lips:

"God Almighty guide this lost soul
feed me and my loved ones from fulfillment's bowl
because I know with You lies the Treasure untold
grant me happiness I can't measure in gold
and make my pleasure be in Yours
Take me on tours so the world I may explore
please don't let my life rot away like a bore
my soul is feeling sore, fix me up my dear Lord
its to you I implore! Guide me and make me
among Your chosen, keep my enemies frozen
and if You choose to make me awesome
give me the strength to devote myself to You without exhaustion
cuz this breath is Yours, and everything about me they see and say
wish I could perfect my faults in every way
but I know You love to forgive
so please, dear Lord forgive and let me live
cuz I know I'm not perfect and You surely know that too
just now while I was writing this to You I broke my wudhu
So dear Lord, what I'm requesting is that you aid my situation
and understand my frustrations, disable the temptations
and the sinful cravings, don't let me be the devil's plaything
in Your own way make me amazing
grant me knowledge and wisdom for foundations to be laying
keep us among the praying instead of lost in debating
and dear Lord, give me an A+ when You're grading
and welcome me with smiling angels to Your presence when I'm fading.
All this and more I'm praying, and peace be upon the righteous I'm sayin
ameen."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ameen .....
ehem ehem ... kissi bohat nek insame neh kaha hai sabar ka phaal BOHAT MEETHA HOTA HAI .;D toh be patient.koi toh apke liye bani hai ...she's probably learning how to cook for you!!!;D ... plus.
when you finally wed, you will think of these days and share them with her.... I am sure- I HAVE A STRONG FEELING she'll love hearing about them.

Ruhudeen Ali said...

If she can cook that's great but I already know how to cook :D yaar your CAPS are scaring me lol, jk ;p

Ms. said...

Mr,
well any good humored and achi biwi would love hearing these stories. Because they are so intersting and funny!!!
OYE!!!:D Leave my caps alone!!!:D;D you might as well get used to them!!! SOOOOOO get used to them!;D ahaha
Great then you both can have cooking competitions.
you have a competition if her mother is Great cook.
So matlub ap ghar meh cooking kare gay?? :Q...iD
OK she doesn't have to worry about cooking!!!! ;>hahahahaha sochlein pashtana na perdgaye...badme!!! hahahah
Ek tip hai, pehle oske haat ka khana try zaroor kerlena!!! hehehe

Ms. said...

kya pata oske baad apka kuch banane ko dil hi na kare

Ruhudeen Ali said...

zahir hain agar usko pakane mein shok hein toh mera kya ehtaraz hein?? FREE FOOD! lol. varna khaana miljulke banayege

Ms. said...

urdu tip: usko pakane ka sock hai , toh mudje kya ehtaraz ho suckta hai - not hein.

Insha'Allah

MS. N said...

hehehehehehe SHOCK HAI ... SOCK HAI NAHI!!! I am corrupting ur urdu

Ruhudeen Ali said...

lol thank you for the urdu tips. I don't think anyone would be interested in cooking socks, ya'ani, jirabein lol

Ms.N said...

hahahaha..... it depends.... purani wali yah nayi wali what do you perfer hahahahahah...... you never know what us desiz can accomplish...:hahahahah;O

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.