Friday, March 6, 2009

A Prayer for My Heart

By Ruhudeen Ali
March 3rd, 2004

Oh my tainted heart - black as a crow,
purification to you I owe.
Wishing you were soft and pure as snow.
Radiating like the moonlight glow.
Cleansed for the light to flow,
that I may save you from the Day of Woe,
If I watered you with tears, would you grow?
Joy and delight may you although,
were I to abandon sin, would you even know?
I desire you to be elevated and raised high like dough.
For this only time will show.
But until the seeds of remembrance in you I sow,
you will remain just as low;
struggling against Satan's mighty blow.
Your faith escapes you like an arrow from a bow.


But for the sake of the Lord Sublime,
May you, with the Eternal Message be aligned.
By Qur'an and Sunnah defined,
that you may shine.
Steadfast against evil's bind.
Innocent from crime,
cleansed of all grime,
liberating the mind,
intoxicating as wine.
Enduring happiness for all time -
a model for all mankind.
Oh such a heart! May you be mine!!
ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.