Saturday, March 28, 2009

Screams for CREAM!

The wise Wu-Tang Clan once said, "Cash Rules Everything Around Me - CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all." But all jokes aside, one of the sad realizations of growing up is seeing how true this statement is. And although we could all use a bit of extra cash, watching this made me sad. Just how important is money? Putting your life on the line for a few hundreds? Maybe the more important question is: just how important is your life?? But then again, I'm not trying to be "holier than thou." If I put myself in their shoes, I wonder if I would do the same if this happened to me? It's something we should all ask ourselves...why we let constructs of our own minds control us like little pigeons being fed at the park. I suppose even the dollar has become more sacred than human dignity....



Somehow, I'm reminded of Surah Kafirun:

Say : O ye that reject Faith!
I worship not that which ye worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
And I will not worship that which ye have been want to worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
To you be your Way, and to me mine.
[Quran:109]

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.