Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ramadan Rap

by Ruhudeen Ali
August 29th, 2009


My focus is falling short like a Keebler elf
I'm working on my feebler self
but I'm needing help
from the scripture that we keep on the shelf
searching for somethin spiritual like a feeling felt
Ramadan shows me my deeper self
showing me my spirit's asleep like a sleeper cell
hoping I escape the Reaper's Hell
I wrote this on a freakin Dell
prayer I need this well
so I can grow like a fetus swells
and await the day when Jesus tells
the Law to the people well
and ring the steeple's bell before he'll
make us peep through shells freaked as hell
cuz we can tell the heedless fell
deep in Hell cuz they bleep and yell
stuck in the heathens' jell
in pits with reeking smells
snuck in sales on Adidas' shares
now they're creeps in jail
that act a fool like needless dares
people lost in feeble pairs weakness glares
seekin affairs with fleeting care
mocking vows cuz nobody's keepin theirs

I'm strugglin to keep my prayers
observin the ego slayers
who preach to the evil sayers
I'm eyeing peaches and pears
but I'm fasting and eagerly aware
of the hour when I devour the food shares
and though I'm no sooth-sayer
I can predict we'll meagerly share
the rations among utensils and dinner-ware
pack the rest in tupper-ware
where it goes in the refridgerator for later
masticator's gotta stop eating before fajr prayer
breaking his wudhu cuz he's a flatulator
sitting there with a calculator
figuring when he can eat his apple n' bagel

Yo its rough like the skin of an alligator
meals delayed like procrastinators
appetite's shot like a bullet from the terminator
stop being a hater don't be spiritual girly men
call up a friend and have him come from afar to an iftar
even if he's from Agrabah and his name's Jafar
but yo this ain't Aladdin get to food-grabbin
take a napkin and before Taraweeh take a nap in
the sack bin but don't let your nafs become the captain
that's why you gotta slap him, cap him
put you in control of the cabin
anything to make it happen
so we can reap rewards that we can't fathom
the path is described in the Lord's Canon
supported in the testimony of His banner
all's well when you make Him your daily Planner
so stop the silly banter and pick up the Prophet's mantle
and dismantle all that which is mangled
and make this your Ramadan anthem
crescent moon and star-spangled. Salam

4 comments:

Ms. said...

mr. wats ur fav. color....
every color is NOT AN OPTION!!!!!

Ms. said...

Mr,
ramzan is almost here I am so excited. Then eid.
Not to mention SUMMER VACATION!!!AND MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Apki birthday kaisi gayi.... mehne poocha nahi is ka matlub yeh nahi keh meh bhool gayi ;>

Ruhudeen Ali said...

thank you. birthday was ok, simple. yaar ye toh interview banraha hein..fav color is either green or purple. you should have fun on your bday and this summer!

Ms.N said...

Simple!!! hahahaha abhi bana nahi hai bana doon kya....? Thanks, I will! Green or purple! Ok thanks....

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.