Monday, August 17, 2009

Veils

by Ruhudeen Ali
February 16th, 2004


I fear everything is veiled from me....


I fear my hypocrisy is veiled from my eyes

my eyes are veiled by my heart

my heart is veiled by my arrogance

my arrogance is veiled by my sins

my sins are veiled by my desires

my desires are veiled by my understanding

my understanding is veiled by my ignorance

my ignorance is veiled by my knowledge

my knowledge is veiled by my awareness

my awareness is veiled by my perception

my perception is veiled by my self


my self is veiled by the world

the world is veiled by reality

and reality is veiled by my Lord

Lord of all things

Veiler of all veils.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this.
You just inspired me to paint....

Ruhudeen Ali said...

alhamdulillah, glad I inspired you in some way!

Anonymous said...

trust me same here

Unknown said...

In too many ways merijaan- Alh... I made it

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.