Friday, January 30, 2009

Ran'dem Rhymes vol.#4 - "The Situation"

By Ruhudeen Ali

I speak to you on what's relevant
don't care if its to my detriment, I'm not innocent
though in my heart's recesses I follow the heaven-sent
help to guide me to find my element
Lord help me be eloquent cuz I can't always express
the pressure of feeling crushed under this white elephant
I wannabe a benefit in time
a better friend to mankind
our people need to regain their pride
we need a hero to stand behind
and like the rest of you I'm just waiting in line
rappers try to boast and show they got the most
but the only thing I got awaiting me is a hellfire roast
unless I beg to the One who is merciful Most
and amend myself at the source
to follow His prescribed course
my life's been caught up in a hoax
trapped between genuine folks and playing the devil's host
at times I wanna coast and just leave what's near
noise from the land of beer and queers too close for my ear
so I gotta move to the next hemisphere and find a peer
one who can hear what I gotta say
together we can pray hoping to find a better way
together we better stay creating tomorrow as a better day
words of pain to her I hope I never say
together we bow, exchanging vows nervously
for my girl I'll span the world for her to see
and lower my coat of armor out of courtesy
cuz for her I'll take damage purposely
but its just a vision in the distance I foresee
until the day I step out of who I am
and become who I'm really supposed to be
not who I'm forced to be cuz society throws its notes at me
like it wants me to study on how to tongue-in-cheek
live by slogans for the meek, well talk is cheap
unlike Jesus I can't turn the other cheek
I'd rather get like Michael Jackson and beat it
it's not my time to be defeated, your silly games - I leave it

The battle within rages on
questioning if my spiritual wage is gone
its hard to go on when shaytan is your stylist at the salon
I need to get my salah on 'stead of conducting this baton
time to get dressed close these buttons
become obsessed with Islaam, continue serving my mom
and lecture my people to put down the bombs
we can get like Dhul Qarnayn and conquer the plain
only if we're sane and alleviate the peoples' pain
I'm sayin, we gotta form a plan this is a demand
liberate what is possessed by your right hand
and be firm in your stand, certain that you made the right choice
if you speak the truth you don't need a loud voice
still don't be stoic, your frustration we know it
I'm advocating my generation to make some noise but remain poise
don't be a toy soldier, soldier boy be bolder
so we can lift this boulder off our shoulders
don't let them mold us so we fear them when they scold us
they can no longer ignore us
my lyrics round-house kick 'em like Chuck Norris
and when they try to purge and scourge us
may God forge us strong when war is upon us
keep your eyes on the prize cuz its gorgeous
angels in heaven they gorge us
anything else given is a plus
the onus of change, it's on us
its the theme of the rhymes I bust
abandon the life of lust for something robust
in due time you'll realize you must
never forget, in God we trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are at the toll booth. I want your two cents.